Become a Volunteer
The Manatee County YMCA is a non-profit social services organization dedicated to serving our community. Last year there were over 1,000 volunteers that donated over 25,000 hours. To help you choose an area in which you would be interested, the YMCA has established five categories of volunteers:
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR FOLLOWING 2015 VOLUNTEERS:JODI ALLEN - JOHN R. MOTT AWARD
George Williams Award:
Bradenton YMCA - Geoff Henderson
Lakewood Ranch YMCA - James and Beverly Kinder
Parrish YMCA - Dennis Zlosel
Youth Development - Josh & Naomi Reetz
Healthy Living - Jeanne Gelbert
Healthy Living - Curtis Schultz
Social Responsibility - Adam Buskirk
Young Leader - Jonathan Davis
LAKEWOOD RANCH YMCA
Youth Development - Steve Hoffman
Youth Development - Aaron Klein
Healthy Living - Jessica Greene
Healthy Living - Janelle Greene
Social Responsibility - Hope Hahn
Social Responsibility - Ron & Marge Evans
Young Leader - Sebastian Aguirre
Youth Development - Al Davis
Youth Development - Matt Biasini
Healthy Living - Beth Eisenberg
Healthy Living - Tecla Biolsi
Social Responsibility - Lisa Devito
Social Responsibility - Colin Ledsom
Young Leader - Sarah Milan
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT BRANCH
Social Responsibility - Lynn Egger
Social Responsibility - Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store
Young Leader - Geraldo Colon
Youth Development - Michelle Shires
Social Responsibility - Kimberly Mitchell
- Program Volunteers - do you enjoy working with children, teaching the fundamentals of basketball, soccer or football? Volunteering as a coach can be a rewarding experience. Also we need help in aquatics, administration, fitness and YREADS! (see below).
- Fund Raising Volunteers - raise funds through our campaigns (Annual Community Scholarship, Capital or Special Events).
- Policy Volunteers - serve on the Association Board of Directors, Branch Board of Advisors, on a committee or on a task force.
- Support Volunteers - work at the front desk, around the grounds, or greet and give tours.
- Managerial Volunteers - help to manage or administer YMCA operations or consult on special projects. As a key leader in the community, are you interested in volunteering on the Y Branch Advisory Board? Are you willing to assist individuals and families so they may join or participate at the Y?
The Manatee County YMCA's success depends on our wonderful volunteers. If you would like to volunteer, contact the YMCA nearest you.
YREADS Needs Volunteers - The YMCA Reads program needs volunteers for its after-school program at Bayshore Elementary School from 3:00 PM-5:00PM, two times a week. The objective of this program is to improve the reading skills of children in grades K-3 at Bayshore Elementary School. Interested? Please print out and complete the print-friendly volunteer application (link below). Contact Dr. Moira Hendricks, YREADS Director, at 798-9622 ext. 408 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.